Restaurant Entry Interview Template
Are you hiring new staff and you want to make the most of your first meeting together? This template works as a guide for your first conversation together post hiring. Enter your info here to download your printable copy (it's free!).
Are you hiring new staff and you want to make the most of your first meeting together? Your goal of this meeting should be to find out how to retain your new employees, their favorite communication methods and their working style. By offering this meeting on your new employees first day, you will establish to show your new employee that you value their working style and want them to succeed in this new role.
Things to remember:
- This conversation should be used to learn more about your new employee and how to best set them up for success, try not to focus too much on their personal life.
- This is one of the first impressions your new employee has with you, stick to the template and goals of the meeting.
- Communicate that you are excited to learn more about your new employee. They are likely nervous about starting a new job and having a conversation with their new manager.
- Make sure the new employee knows the purpose of this meeting is to set them up for success so they can enjoy working with the team and feel a sense of contributing to common goals.
Questions to ask during the entry interview:
- What motivates you the most at work?
- What are your preferred communication methods?
- What is your favorite thing a past manager has done that made you feel appreciated?
- What is your least favorite thing that a past manager has done?
- What is your preferred method of recognition?
- What is something that would make you immediately want to leave a job?